Duration 1 day
To provide delegates with sufficient knowledge to be able to
- understand roles and responsibilities with regard to working safely on LV Equipment.
- Explain the main dangers to personnel working on LV Equipment
- Understand the control measures to enable safe working on LV Equipment
- Understand the principles to achieve safety from the system for working safely on LV Equipment
- Understand the electricity companies safety documents and safety document procedures for work on LV Equipment
Principles used to achieve safety from the system for personnel working on low voltage (LV) equipment
The law, Electricity at work regulations, Health & safety legislation
General Requirements for LV working
Work on or near to Dead Low Voltage Equipment
Work on or near to Live Low Voltage Equipment
Work on Current Transformer Circuits
Electricity company documents e.g Permit to work, Certificate for live low voltage work (CLLVW)
Who Should Attend
Line Managers, Site managers, personnel who receive safety documents, supervise a working party or prepare a SSOW for staff to work safely on low voltage equipment.
You will receive a KeFax certification, additionally this course can be registered with EUSR.